Tuesday, October 01, 2013

meet Boone

boone boy
September 5 ∆ 7:04pm ∆ 7 lbs. 15 oz ∆ 20 inches

first off, holy crap. having a baby is crazy. so much pain and effort and letting go involved. insane. but for some non-graphic specifics about this little guy:

my water broke 26 hours before I actually went in to labor, so I spent 26 hours trying every remedy out there to induce labor naturally. (sidenote: if anyone ever tells you to take castor oil slap them right in the face. I don't think I would ever take that stuff again, even if my life depended on it.) anyway, something must've worked cause when my contractions started I had five in twenty minutes, which totally freaked me out. as it should have. for a second I was even convinced I'd give birth on our living room floor. instead, JG did some tricky driving during rush hour traffic and we got to the birth center in about half the time it normally takes. he even passed a cop, but I assume he saw me on my hands and knees in the back seat and assumed no one not in labor would do that. my midwives were the absolute best and had everything ready for me when we got there. I ended up only being in labor for about an hour and a half more before I started pushing. thirty four minutes after that Boone arrived all at once and was put straight on my chest where I got to hold him for over an hour before he was weighed and measured. dreamy. then JG, Boone, and I were left alone to just start being a family. JG holding that little guy is one of the best things I've ever seen. and despite the whole labor and delivery thing, it was absolutely one of the best nights of my life.

11 comments:

  1. So insane! Still hearing any birth story I'm like What!? You did great and Boone is perfect. Commence posting a million pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! yes more pictures and i kind of really want to hear all the gory/graphic deets. i need to start getting realistic over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will happily tell you all the gory parts. when it was happening I remember it being really painful and difficult but now it doesn't seem so bad...

      Delete
  3. Wow, so crazy! Way to go. Can't believe your water was broken for 26 hours. For me that was more uncomfortable than being in labor. Okay, maybe not really, but not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're birth story is EPIC. glad i got to hear the gory details too ;). Also, Boone is a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the gory details...please. And seriously, what a beautiful Boone. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Megan, that's amazing. You're amazing. So happy for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're.... Amazomeg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is a handsome little guy! So glad you guys didn't get pulled over and didn't have to give birth at home or in the car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings! I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete